Event marketing refers to the experiential advertising of an item, service, or brand through promotional events or memorable experiences. It usually involves direct contact with the brand’s representatives.
What is an Event Marketing?
It should not be mistaken with traditional event management, which is an intricate process of planning, organizing and running regular events.
Event marketing has evolved to more effectively reach out to and engage in contact with the people who matter to the business.
The focus of an event marketing plan includes: reaching out to the target audience; engaging in dialogue with your target market; , and building relationships with the suppliers of your products.
Why Event Marketing?
Your goal of engaging in these activities is to build relationships with potential customers who are already familiar with your business, its products, services, and brands.
This way, you can create a solid foundation for future interactions. However, remember that a successful event marketing campaign also entails a lot of hard work and dedication on your part. It will entail many decisions and considerations like:
How Event Marketing Works?
The first and most important decisions that you will have to make is your audience. You must know how much you are willing to spend for a given product or service. Make this decision as early as possible.
Determine whether you will use video, text, or both. Video is considered more efficient, especially in creating the brand name recall, since it includes a personal touch between the company and the audience.
However, keep in mind that text will only provide an overview of what’s being offered.
Choose from different formats to present your product or service. This way, you can choose a format that best suits your brand, your product or service, and the purpose for which you are trying to promote it. The formats include web, teleconferencing, conferencing, and live.
Once you have decided upon the format for the presentation of your product, make sure that you understand the goals and objectives of your campaign.
Do you want your event to attract the attention of all potential customers? Or do you need to gain the attention of a specific demographic?
Choosing the right kind of brand is also essential. This will ensure that your brand message will get across to the audience and will be a big hit.
Sending the right message to a specific audience is the key to successful marketing. Make sure to choose the right kind of message depending on the type of product or service that you have. You also need to take into account the budget that you have, so that you can maximize the reach of your message.
Factors Involves in Marketing
- An important factor that determines how effective your advertising campaign will be, is the amount of money that you have to invest in it.
- Some events are sponsored by big corporations and their brand awareness is limited. If your budget is low, you won’t be able to reach potential customers.
- This is why you need to choose the format that will yield higher results. And will be able to reach a wider target audience.
- Now that you have chosen the formats that you need to use, you can now explore different formats that would best suit your campaign. Remember that you should not be limited to one type of format. Since there are so many options available.
- Web conferencing is very good because you are able to reach people from any part of the globe. And any time of the day.
- You can even set up meetings and events where you can present your product or service to a large number of people at the same time. Teleconferencing allows you to set up a meeting where only the company representatives can attend.
- Another option is using video, especially if your company is based in the United States. If you are unable to set up a video conference, you can create a webcast.
- in this case, the company representative can present the brand message while you provide the product information.
Make sure that you have enough marketing materials for the video that you will be using. There are various free video templates you can use on the Internet so you can create and distribute a short trailer for the video that you will be using.
So that you can make sure that you have a professional-looking video that will give your customer or clients an idea of what your product or service is all about.