Social awareness is awareness shared by humans in a group of people. According to Karl Marx, humans enter into economic, productive, or social relations and these relations result in a type of collective consciousness. This consciousness helps humans to coordinate their actions and reactions.
What is Social Awareness?
- There are many examples of social awareness. For example, many religions have evolved through the passage of time. Each religion has its own interpretation of its texts. People share some similarities as well as differences in interpretation of these texts.
- The group that an individual belongs to also has its own set of beliefs. Different beliefs of a group can influence the interpretation of the texts, which in turn will cause conflicts in the group.
- The group is affected by the interpretation of the texts, but it may not be able to make an independent assessment of it. Social understanding also includes the interpretation of behavior. Humans have different perceptions of what is acceptable and what is not, even though they are all acting within the same cultural norms.
- Another example of this is human interaction. If two persons cannot understand each other’s gestures, they cannot share information, and they cannot form relationships. Communication is an important part of social awareness.
- Human beings are also influenced by the environment in which they live. Some of them have a very comfortable and familiar environment, while others are forced to adapt to different social situations. They learn new things and grow in new ways.
- Human beings have to adapt to their surroundings because they were not made in the same way as other animals. All other animals are born in the same environment. Humans are not born in the same environment. They must adapt to various circumstances so they can survive. As a result, they become more intelligent, creative, and tolerant.
- Sometimes, people forget about themselves and focus on other people only. This results in the lack of personal development. When people are able to accept themselves, they can share their own feelings and thoughts. This sharing will create relationships between people.
Why it is Important?
Social awareness is important for a healthy, harmonious society. It is part of the evolution of a healthy and peaceful existence. Without social awareness, individuals may become isolated from society and lose connections with others. In addition, they may begin to think that people do not want to listen to or respect them.
If a person perceives that they have been treated unfairly, they may react in a manner that is violent. This is because the person has created a feeling of victimhood. This is due to the fact that they have been made to feel guilty because of something that they have no control over.
Social awareness can also affect the way people view things. When people see injustice, they can express their anger through various ways. When they are able to express their anger effectively, they will try to change the situation.
It is also possible that people will find that they have to join different social groups and activities, such as organizations, if they cannot express their views in their own time. In order to help them develop and improve social awareness. social organizations have to be willing to accept the viewpoints and opinions of other people, since people have differing opinions.
When it comes to certain organizations, there are rules and policies that must be followed and expectations, depending on what the organization is trying to accomplish. This also helps to maintain a balance between what people perceive and what is being done. Social awareness is an important part of human development. It allows people to learn to relate to others and communicate effectively.