Road Safety Center Inaugurated in India: In a significant move towards enhancing road safety in India, Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, inaugurated the first-of-its-kind road safety center, known as CARTS (Centre for Advanced Research and Training in Safety). The center is expected to serve as an operational hub for implementing road safety projects across the country.
The ambitious goal of CARTS is to reduce road crashes by 50% in 100 High Priority Districts and 100 highway corridors over the next five years. This initiative is in line with the United Nations’ Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021-2030, which aims to save millions of lives by improving road safety worldwide.
The center will work towards developing and implementing innovative strategies and technologies to enhance road safety. It will also focus on capacity building, research, and advocacy related to road safety. The center is expected to collaborate with national and international organizations to achieve its objectives.
The inauguration of CARTS is a significant step towards addressing the issue of road safety in India, which has one of the highest numbers of road traffic fatalities in the world. According to the World Health Organization, more than 150,000 people lose their lives every year in road traffic crashes in India. The establishment of CARTS is expected to contribute significantly towards reducing this number and making Indian roads safer.
The inauguration ceremony was attended by several dignitaries and officials from the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. Speaking at the event, Gadkari emphasized the importance of road safety and expressed hope that the new center would play a crucial role in reducing road traffic fatalities in the country. He also stressed the need for collective and coordinated efforts from all stakeholders to achieve the goal of safer roads in India.
The establishment of CARTS is a welcome move and reflects the government’s commitment to improving road safety in the country. It is hoped that the center will be successful in achieving its objectives and will contribute significantly towards making Indian roads safer for all.
- Aloe Vera Plant: Morphology, Phytochemical and Microscopic Characters
- Aster Plant: Description, Phytochemical, Classification & Benefits
- Azalea Plant: A Botanical Guide for Gardeners and Scientists
- Understanding Cell Biology: An International Certificate Course
- Understanding ISO 13485: A Guide to Medical Device Quality Management Systems
- M. Pharm Thesis Topics for Pharmaceutics (Updated)
- M. Pharm Thesis Writing Services: A Comprehensive Guide
- Sample Thesis for M. Pharm Project: Download thesis Sample Format
- How to Write a Literature Review? A Comprehensive Guide With Examples